Saturday, 1 September 2012

Springtime Schoolgirl

The truth about envelope clutches is that they are a bit like slinkies - quirky, fun but essentially useless.  Unless everything you carry with you is a perfect square shape that fits like a tangram puzzle into a rectangular frame, your bag starts to look lumpy and the perfection that is a envelope clutch is killed.....unless, you use it to carry the thin flat A4 notebooks for lectures that don't require a laptop/can't take a laptop because the lecture is so damn boring that you will be completely distracted by the internetz.  Now that I've figured that out - this little clutch is coming straight back to the US with me this time after being left behind for the much more wearable rocking horse satchel.  To be fair, this outfit is a little full of items that were a little tricksy in their own way - I bought this dress on whim just because it looked so interesting although I only saw it online on a hanger and I had no idea how it was actually going to turn out on my body (answer: AWESOME).  The boater hat on the other hand has been mine for a while but it's only since I got a perm recently that I've been able to wear it without looking hella awkward.  These amazeball slip on heels are my mum's staples and I totally get why, they have a design that is almost furniture-like in conception (look at that heel - wait a moment, no pictures of the heel but it is like a polished metal cylinder with absolutely no tapering so it looks like it could be feet of a armchair) and look adorable with these khaki lace socks I nabbed from Glassons.

Photobucket Photobucket Look at how regularly shaped my head looks guys - I tell you, perms are seriously magic! I am now hopelessly addicted to hats now that I can wear all kind of them now. Prepare to see one nearly ever post. Or something on my head. Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket  Photobucket 
dress - MD Fashion @ Taobao
boater - somewhere over the internets
rose necklace and various shiny things - EQUIP
lace socks - Glassons

 x 
Anni

49 comments:

  1. That dress is amazing! And thanks for the warning about envelope clutches :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually have trouble connecting to the internet on campus so, no watching funny videos on Youtube during lectures for me. The socks remind me of primary school days when white socks that folded down with the frilly lace was in, and I begged my mother to get me a pair. She didn't. I'm not sure what I think is cuter, your boater or your bowler. I'm thinking of investing in one, but I stopped wearing hats in primary school. Opinion?

    I also wanted to thank you for your lovely comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute outfit!
    Maybe we can follow each other? Let me know :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your dress!! It's super cute.

    Yeah, I never quite understood the function of envelope clutches? Unless maybe you had a little rectangular tray where you put everything in and then put that tray in the clutch.

    xx maggie

    saltandleather.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The perm looks gorgeous on you. I love how it totally changes the shape of my face as well. I should really get another perm for more volume. :3 Anyway, love the dress. It looks really good on you and I get what you mean about bringing stuff in an envelope clutch. I guess that's why I don't own one.

    adlyvelasco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have finished uni - I'm that old ;) but not that old that I can still remember- and I also used to leave my laptop at home because it's too tempting to just look up something and then get lost on the interwebz...
    Really cute dress! You are lucky that it fits so perfectly.
    The necklace is also really cute!

    Love,
    Jolien

    http://julianaandthedaydream.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow such an adorable dress. so much love it!

    http://wildakhaira.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice outfit! love the clutch1
    we're new and would love you to visit our blog and if you like it please feel free to follow us via GFC and bloglovin!
    http://www.lepechedevenus.blogspot.com/
    xoxo. A

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for commenting on my blog!
    I love your style, this outfit is amazing! Especially the socks are so cute!

    xxx
    http://losttinafairytale.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi dear!

    Thank you for the comment. yes. hats are so cool!
    and this outft also looks fine! :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute look! I love your hat and shoes!
    Lots of love,
    Minnie
    http://minniematerial.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. love this. you look great. and sepcially love the hat and the bag <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely hat! *.* I invite you to myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your hat! Something I definitely need to incorporate more in my wardrobe! Naomi xx

    www.oneheelforward.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello! I really like your blog! So amazing!

    Btw. Could we follow each other?
    http://moonlightdreams-miadra.blogspot.sk/

    ReplyDelete
  16. really love that dress! :)

    http://s-lounge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing blog and your look :) Thank you for comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cute!<3
    http://fashioncolorsmylife.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  19. hahahaha they are useless, aren't they?! kind of like fingerless gloves... fun to wear, but what function do they reaaallly serve?

    oh well. At least you look super darling. That dress is so colorful and I love all the patterns in it and also how the sleeves start inward like that... too pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a cute dress you got there. And the hat is amazing! xo

    Thanks for the recent comment on my blog, btw. I just followed you. Hope you can visit again and follow me too :)

    Fash Chronicles

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a lovely dress! Can't wait to see more hats :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. So glad I found you! This outfit is dead cute, I love your dress:)
    Would love for you to check out mine, maybe we can follow each other?
    http://elstylediaries.blogspot.co.uk/
    Your newest follower, Shan x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome outfit. I might attempt to dress like this on school, too. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  24. You're so cute! I really like your blog! I'm a new follower :) hope you'll follow me back <3

    The Celebrity Look

    ReplyDelete
  25. You look adorable :)

    http://anna-and-klaudia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a gorgeous dress! I love the print. I also love how you paired the socks with those shoes.

    xoxo
    http://sunshinesandfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very cute)

    I like the red clutch!)

    I follow u and invite you to visit my blog!
    kseni-light.blogspot.com/
    xoxo Kseni from Russia

    ReplyDelete
  28. stunning outfit! i love your hat!


    http://fantasy-meets-reality.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  29. wow...u look awesome !!!!! i don think i can carry it but enjoy to see others..hihi

    ReplyDelete
  30. love your photos and style! let's follow on all platforms!

    ReplyDelete
  31. This hat fits you perfectly, you look amazing, and i love that boater!
    Please, visit me at http://meandpeonies.blogspot.cz/
    Love, Karolina...

    http://meandpeonies.blogspot.cz/

    ReplyDelete
  32. this outfit is so unique and fun! love it <3

    Alexa <3
    http://sleepeatbreathefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  33. Awhh gorgeous outfit! I love your socks! Thank you for my comment xx

    http://www.gingerrsnap.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love your bag and hat ! So cute !

    ReplyDelete
  35. Those are the cutest socks ever! And the hat is great indeed. Yup, clutches are the most useless thing I own right now, getting dustier by the day :D

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love the dress with the clutch :D

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi to all! I’m glad to see so many people involved in informative discussion here.
    black leather jacket women

    ReplyDelete